Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda is an Indian state-claimed International banking and money related administration organization headquartered in Vadodara (prior known as Baroda) in Gujarat, India. It is the second-biggest bank in India, close to the State Bank Of India. Its base camp is in Vadodara, it has a corporate office in the Mumbai.
Table of Contents
About Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda is a pioneer in different client-driven activities in the Indian financial area. The bank is among the first in the business to finish a comprehensive rebranding exercise wherein different novel client-driven activities were embraced. It has been a long and momentous excursion of just about a century across 21 nations.
Beginning in 1908 from a little structure in Baroda to its new hello rise and howdy tech Baroda Corporate Center in Mumbai, is an adventure of vision, venture, monetary deliciousness, and corporate administration.
History of Bank of Baroda
The bank was established by the Maharaja of Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III on 20 July 1908. The bank, alongside 13 other significant business banks of India, was nationalized on 19 July 1969, by the Government of India and has been assigned as a benefit making Public Sector Undertaking (PSU).
The bank, alongside 13 other significant business banks of India, was nationalized on 19 July 1969, by the Government of India and has been assigned as a benefit making Public Sector Undertaking (PSU).
In 1961, Bank of Baroda converged in New Citizen Bank of India. Bounce additionally opened a branch in Fiji. The following year it opened a branch in Mauritius. In 1963, BoB gained Surat Banking Corporation in Surat, Gujarat. In 1965, BoB opened a branch in Guyana. In 1969, the Indian government nationalized 14 top banks including Bank of Baroda.
On 17 September 2018, the Government of India proposed the merger of Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank with the Bank of Baroda, pending endorsement from the sheets of the three banks. The merger was endorsed by the Union Cabinet and the sheets of the banks on 2 January 2019.
- Bank of Baroda procured the semi naming privileges of Sikanderpur Metro Station in Gurugram. This is the first occasion when that an open area bank has sacked the naming right of a metro station.
- They followed a comparative methodology with Mumbai Metro where Andheri metro station has been named as Bank of Baroda Andheri.
- Bank of Baroda fixed a 3-year head sponsorship contract with Olympics 2016 Women’s badminton Silver medalist PV Sindhu and India’s No 1 positioned Men’s Badminton player K Srikanth.
- Bank of Baroda turned into the principal National Supporter (Indian backer) of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017, the primary football World Cup to be facilitated in India.
- After the merger of Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank with Bank of Baroda compelling April 1, 2019, it has become India’s third-biggest loan specialist behind SBI and ICICI bank.
- Bank of Baroda and HDFC Bank are accomplice banks in Chillr Mobile application. Non-accomplice bank clients can just get reserves.
Subsidiaries of Bank of Baroda
The Bank of Baroda Capital Markets (BOBCAPS) is a Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)-enrolled speculation banking organization situated in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is an entirely claimed auxiliary of Bank of Baroda. Its budgetary administration portfolio incorporates starting open contributions, the private arrangement of obligations, corporate rebuilding, business valuation, mergers and securing, venture evaluation, advance syndication, institutional value research, and financier.
The Nainital Bank Ltd. (98.57%) was built up in the year 1922 with the goal to cook the banking needs of the individuals of the locale. In the year 1973, Reserve Bank of India coordinated Bank of Baroda, to deal with the undertakings of the Nainital Bank Limited.
- Bank of Baroda Financial Solutions Limited
- Baroda Asset Management India Limited
- India First Life Insurance Company Limited (44%)
- India Infradebt Limited (40.99%)
- Bank of Baroda (UK) Limited
Bank of Baroda Career Link
The Bank of Baroda (BOB) conducts the exam every year through IBPS for IBPS Clerk post, IBPS PO post, and other vacancies at the bank from time to time. Click here for Bank of Baroda (BOB) Jobs updates.
For more details on Bank of Baroda, the best source is Bank of Baroda website, click here.